PCA Code of Ethics
An expression of proper conduct in the pursuit of our profession as related to our customers, our fellow contractors, our employees, our association, and to the public.
Obligation of the Contractor
- To provide painting and decorating services in a professional business-like manner with both craftsmanship and up to date techniques.
- To protect, preserve and decorate homes, edifices, facilities and all other public and private property with the most progressive and efficient means and materials.
- To maintain regulatory, insurance and licensing requirements in the areas we conduct business.
Obligation to the Public
- To conduct our business operations according to the highest professional and industry standards.
- To provide innovative solutions which enhance value.
- To faithfully fulfill all contracts.
- To expand our knowledge through the constant study of best business practices and utilization of the latest technical advances in our profession and industry.
- To conduct one’s self in a professional manner at all times.
- To follow federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations.
- To adhere to federal, state, and local laws and administrative regulations regarding the use and disposal of paints, coatings, and related materials.
Obligation to Our Fellow Members
- To encourage the free exchange of ideas.
- To meet with fellow members and promote all the precepts of this Code.
- To present a broad and favorable image of our profession and industry at all times.
- To promote equal treatment of all members.
- To oppose any discriminatory practices.
- To not disseminate misinformation or derogatory information concerning our association or related entity, member or industry organization.
Obligation to Our Employees
- To provide opportunities for training, employment, career advancement and economic security in a progressive manner to all those who would apply themselves.
- To provide a safe working environment by establishing good safety practices in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and administrative regulations.
- To follow federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Obligation to Our Organization
- To promote the spirit of this Code and the objectives of our profession and industry through creation of and participation in Councils, Chapters, Forums, all association entities and industry related groups.
- To establish and maintain the highest level of reciprocal respect and goodwill with all segments of the industry.
- To promote our association to customers, prospective members, the industry, and related groups.